We hope you will find the Monroe County Tax Collector’s Office (“Tax Collector”) Facebook page to be a useful source of news, updates, and information about our office and the services we provide. We established this page for the purpose of sharing information about Florida Tax Collector services and related content. The Tax Collector does not agree with or endorse every comment that users may post, at their own risk, on any of its websites or social media platforms.
The purpose of the Tax Collector’s use of Facebook and other social media channels is to increase and promote public awareness and maintain open and professional communications amongst the Tax Collector and the public.
This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide customer service. If you have a question about Tax Collector services or need assistance from our office, please call (305) 295-5000 or visit our Department Contact List page.
For your safety, please do not post personally identifiable information (such as your Social Security number, driver license number, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, birthdate, etc.) on social media.
Per our comment policy, the following is prohibited content and may be, but is not obligated to be, removed, hidden, archived, or edited by the Tax Collector:
- Content that is obscene, vulgar, or explicit including masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations, or is abusive, threatening, hateful, or intended to defame any person, business, organization, or governmental agency.
- Content intended to intimidate, humiliate, threaten, or assault others.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination of any kind.
- Content that is clearly off-topic, disruptive, random, or unrelated to the Tax Collector.
- Content that is fraudulent or deceptive and intended to mislead.
- Content that is intended to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Spam, undecipherable language, advertising, or solicitations.
- Content that promotes products, non-Tax Collector services, political organizations, or campaigns.
- External hyperlinks to third-party websites to ensure that other members of the public are not directed to a “malicious link” that leads to spam, a malware attack, or other types of digital fraud.
- Content that violates or appears to violate the legal ownership interest of any person or entity, including but not limited to matters or items that are or may be subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Illegal conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Social Security numbers, driver license numbers, bank account numbers, and other personally identifiable information.
- Personal details about our employees, vendors, or members of the public.
The Tax Collector strives to post accurate and relevant content, but does not guarantee the accuracy of any information posted on its social media and assumes no liability for damages resulting from any inaccuracies. The Tax Collector does not guarantee that its social media will be uninterrupted, permanent, or error-free. The Tax Collector reserves the right to discontinue social media at any time.
Thank you for connecting with the Monroe County Tax Collector’s Office!