To renew your motor vehicle registration online, you will need one of the following:
- Personal Identification Number (PIN – located on renewal notice in Vehicle Description area)
- Florida License Plate Number and Date of Birth
Convenient Payment Options
*if paid in our office
- E-Check – Pay using your checking account. It’s FREE.
- Credit/Debit Card – Credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee of $2.50 per renewal, or 2.5% of the total amount due if greater than $100.00 (if renewed via GoRenew.com, there will be a $2.00 convenience fee). Debit card payments are subject to a flat convenience fee of $2.50 (the Monroe County Tax Collector does not receive any portion of the convenience fee).
Returned Check Service Fees
Should a check for payment of taxes be returned to our office, by your bank, as unpaid, Florida Statute 68.065 authorizes the Tax Collector to assess a service charge as follows:
- Check amount between $0.00 to $50.00 = $25.00
- Check amount between $50.01 and $300.00 = $30.00
- Check amount $300.01 and greater = $40.00 or 5%, whichever is greater, with a maximum of $150.00