To renew your motor vehicle and/or vessel registration online, you will need one of the following:
- Personal Identification Number (PIN – located on renewal notice in Vehicle Description area)
- Florida License Plate Number and Date of Birth
Convenient Payment Options
- Credit/Debit Card – In-person credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee of $2.50, or 2.5% of the total amount due if greater than $100.00. Debit card payments are subject to a flat convenience fee of $2.50 (the Monroe County Tax Collector does not receive any portion of the convenience fee).
- If renewed online via RenewExpress, there will be a $2.95 convenience fee per renewal.
Returned Check Service Fees
Should a check for payment of taxes be returned to our office, by your bank, as unpaid, Florida Statute 68.065 authorizes the Tax Collector to assess a service charge as follows:
- Check amount between $0.00 to $50.00 = $25.00
- Check amount between $50.01 and $300.00 = $30.00
- Check amount $300.01 and greater = $40.00 or 5%, whichever is greater, with a maximum of $150.00