**The Tax Collector is only assisting with the distribution of the re-entry stickers. The re-entry sticker and business placard programs, including all policies, rules and regulations, are under the jurisdiction of Monroe County Emergency Management. For any questions or clarifications about the program, please call Emergency Management at (305) 289-6018 or visit their website by clicking here.
New Re-Entry Stickers Available for Monroe County Residents
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO OBTAIN A NEW STICKER IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN ISSUED ONE**
Monroe County residents may now obtain one sticker for each registered vehicle by providing proof of residency at any Monroe County Tax Collector’s Office.
Proof of residency includes the following:
Monroe County Residents
- Florida driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Property tax bill/deed/mortgage
- Out-of-county vehicle registration
These stickers make re-entry easier if checkpoints are required to assure safe re-entry into the Keys following a destructive storm that causes a public safety issue.
The new system is barcoded with color-coded stickers for zone-by-zone reentry:
- Lower Keys residents from the south end of the 7 Mile Bridge to Stock Island (MM 40 to MM 4) will be dark pink
- Middle Keys residents from the south end of the Long Key Bridge to the north end of the 7 Mile Bridge (MM 64 to MM 47) are aqua
- Upper Keys residents from the county line including Ocean Reef to the north end of the Long Key Bridge (MM 113 to MM 64) will have a purple decal.
The City of Key West requires its own sticker, which is white and has not changed. If you already have a City of Key West reentry decal, you do not need to pick up a new one.
PLACARD RE-ENTRY PROGRAM
The Monroe County Placard Re-entry Program is available to agencies with representation at the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). These agencies can obtain early re-entry placards for their employees from Monroe County Emergency Management.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE HURRICANE PLACARD BUSINESS PROGRAM