CONCEALED WEAPON PERMITS ARE ONLY PERFORMED IN THE KEY LARGO AND KEY WEST MAIN OFFICE BRANCHES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Legislation passed in 2014 allows the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) to partner with Florida Tax Collectors to offer a streamlined and secure application process.
The concealed weapon license application will be completed at a computer station and the applicant will be photographed and electronically fingerprinted. The process takes approximately 20 minutes and prescreening decreases the likelihood of the application being delayed due to errors or omissions.
An applicant’s eligibility for licensure will be made by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Please click here to book, modify, or cancel an appointment.
Florida Concealed Weapon Permits are valid for seven years. The expiration date appears on the front of your license. Approximately 95 days prior to the expiration date of your license, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will send you the renewal notice.
Bring all of the required information to submit your renewal package in person using our fast-track process. All of this information may be found on your Concealed Weapon License and your renewal notice.
Required Information for Renewals
- Your Concealed Weapon License Number or Concealed Weapon License Renewal Notice
- State issued Photo ID that includes full name and date of birth
- Legal name change documentation if applicable i.e. marriage certificate, court records, etc.
If you fail to renew your Concealed Weapon License by its expiration date, it can be renewed up to six (6) months beyond the expiration date, in accordance with section 790.06(11)(a), Florida Statutes. However, there is a late fee of $15 for renewing after the expiration date. A Concealed Weapon License that has been expired for longer than six months cannot be renewed. If you fail to renew within that six-month period after expiration, you will have to apply for a new license. You cannot carry a concealed weapon or firearm after your license has expired.
Review Florida Statues Section Section 790.06 to learn more.
- Determine if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license by reading the eligibility requirements or answering a few simple questions.
- Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license. Learn more about the acceptable forms of training.
- Read the application instructions to learn what is required when you complete and submit your application.
- Click here to book, modify, or cancel an appointment. CWP services are by appointment only.
- Bring all of the required documentation with you so that you can submit your application in person.
- If a U.S. citizen born outside the U.S.: U.S. passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-240), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350), Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570) or Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
- If a permanent resident alien: USCIS documentation showing permanent resident alien status (I-551) along with proof of residence of at least 90 days, such as utility bills, pay stubs or credit statements
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens do not qualify for a concealed weapon license.
- Check the status of your application online or by calling (850) 245-5691
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Effective July 1, 2017, concealed weapon licensing fees were reduced.
|License Type||Fingerprint Processing Fee||Initial License Fee||Service Fee||Total||Renewal Fee||Renewal Service Fee|
|Concealed Weapon or Firearm Florida Resident||$42||$55||$22||$119||$45||$12|
|Concealed or Firearm Out of State Resident||$42||$55||$22||$119||$87||$12|
|Florida Law Enforcement Officer ACTIVE||NONE||$55||$22||$77||$45||$12|
|Florida Law Enforcement Officer RETIRED within preceding year||NONE||NONE||$22||$22||$30||$12|
|Florida Law Enforcement Officer RETIRED more than one year||$42||$30||$22||$94||$30||$12|
|Consular Security Official||NONE||$300||$22||$322||$300||$12|