Effective October 1, 2019: When parking in one of the five available parking lots (listed below), you must enter your permit number in the pay station and display your receipt on your dashboard under the permit decal to receive the four-hour credit. Click here to see instructions as well as FAQ’s regarding the program.
A Residential Parking Permit allows an eligible vehicle to park in specially marked residential parking spaces in the Historic District and four hours free, one time per day, in certain parking lots.
Applicants will need a valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration and Proof of Residency to complete this application. If registering commercial vehicles, a Key West Business License is also required.
The annual registration permit fee is $20.00 and permits need to be renewed annually by the end of October. Fees are intended to cover the cost of issuance and are not refundable or prorated. Permit decals are the sole property of the City of Key West and are not intended for resale or transferable. All other parking regulations remain unaffected by this permit program. For example, no boat, trailer, RV, or vehicle over 20 feet in length, can park on-street or in municipal lots. Additionally, all vehicles parked on-street must be moved every 72 hours (three days) per existing City Code.
List of Parking Lots
- Old Town Garage (aka Park ‘n’ Ride on Caroline Street)
- Main Lot at Key West Bight in the 800 block of Caroline Street (Waterfront Brewery)
- Fire Station Lot in the 600 block of Simonton
- Truman Waterfront Park
- Smather’s Beach on-street along South Roosevelt Blvd.
Who Can Qualify
- Residents of the City of Key West
- Key West Real Estate Property Owners
- Military Personnel Stationed in Key West Area
- Seasonal Residents Who Reside in the City of Key West for Four Months or Longer
- Businesses Holding Business Tax Receipt (License) with the City of Key West